Friday, April 20, 2012

Rays Childhood; Category 1; Reflection

                My thoughts about Ray Charles is that he had a hard life to begin with before he ever lost his eye sight or witnessed his younger brother’s death. Ray was born into extreme poverty, and when I say that I mean that he was at the very bottom of the list he was lower than low. I agree that Ray never recovered from watching his brother drown in that wash tub and not being able to save him, but I also think that no one would ever recover from having watched something of that nature. And yes Ray was already losing his eye sight since he was the age of five and yes it may have been from the disease that we all now call glaucoma, but I also believe that him witnessing his brother’s death put a huge toll on him and contributed to the loosing of his eyes sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment